Apologies for the lack of blog posts this week (aside from the first roomie review!), school caught up with me and there was so break in sight. However, no worries I will be back with plenty of posts next week! In the meantime here are some beauty science links to kick off your weekend!
(1) An interesting summary of how gold, silver, and copper are used in the beauty industry. Yes, there’s science behind gold flaked nail polish, silver beauty tools and copper curling irons.
(2) 5-second rule for dropped food, 3-second rule for moisturizing? A great take on why skin products should be applied in a timely manner.
(3) If you’ve never heard of the Lipstick Effect, it’s one of the main reasons why I initially became interested in the beauty industry. Read The Scientific Beauty’s article on this interesting psychological effect.
(4) The beauty industry may not be the place where you hear the term intellectual property, but it’s more important than you may think. C&EN conducted a study on the effect of K-beauty on our world’s beauty products and how their numbers compare to the rest.
(5) Best time of the year includes the transition from summer to fall, New York Fashion Week, and the release of Allure’s Best of Beauty. I follow the list every year and can’t wait to get my hands on some of this year’s products.
happy reading and happy weekend!!